Wiki Loves Earth is an international photo contest for natural heritage. It will take place from 1 May — 30 June in Ghana.
Planning Wikimedia Ghana is glad to be part of this year's Wiki Loves Earth. As part of our participation, we are encouraging all Ghanaians and non-Ghanaians to photograph and upload photos showing natural heritage in Ghana.
Contributors will release photos under free license (CC-BY-SA 3.0). This will allow for photos to be used on Wikimedia Foundation project sites especially Wikipedia which is accessed by thousands of internet users around the world.
What we mean by natural heritage
- National Parks
- Forest Reserves
- Protected areas
- Rivers, Lagoons, Ponds and lakes
- Visit our Commons Page for more
How to participate
- Prepare your photos of any Ghanaian natural heritage.
- Sign in or create a new account on Wikimedia Commons.
- Name your photos well.
- Use our upload button here or click here to upload as many as you can.
- Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #wlegh #wleghana #wle2014.
- And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
There are prizes to be won by the top 10 pictures in Ghana. They also qualify to compete with international entries. If any of the top 10 fall within the top 15 internationally, they are again awarded with prizes from the Wiki Loves Earth International team
- Take part in the competition
- Tell your friends
- Share details on your social networks including blogs (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc)
- Use our hashtags are #wlegh #wleghana #wle2014
- Support us with cameras to take photos, internet or space to upload photos
- Invite us to the national park or natural heritage site you manage
WLE Ghana Team